- Mayor & Council
- Public Safety
- Public Services
- Development Services
- Contact Us
CITY OF CROOKSTON
PURPOSE: To establish policies, guidelines, and procedures for responding to public requests for proclamations.
POLICY: It is the policy of the City Council to consider requests to proclaim certain events or causes, when such proclamations positively impact the community and convey an affirmative message to residents.
The following guidelines and requirements apply to requests for consideration of proclamation:
1. The person(s) making the request should be a Crookston resident(s).
2. If possible, the request should be made at least four weeks in advance of a regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
3. A local citizen should agree to be in attendance to accept the proclamation.
4. The City retains the right to modify, edit, or otherwise amend the proposed proclamation to meet its requirements, needs, or policy determinations.
5. The City of Crookston retains the right to decide if the proclamation will be issued or not.
1. The person(s) making the request must submit a completed application requesting a City Proclamation.
2. The applicant must include bullet points or background highlights as part of the proclamation request. The bullet points or highlights must not exceed five.
3. The Mayor will determine if the proposed proclamation meets the intent of this policy.
4. Once approved, the proclamation will be added to the appropriate City Council agenda. It is preferred that the proclamation be signed and pictures taken at the meeting.
5. If not approved, the applicant will be notified of the decision and the reason(s) for the decision.