Parks & Recreation
The City of Crookston offers many opportunities to get out and enjoy life, and whether that is by walking our numerous trails or taking part in an activity, we're sure to have something that interests you.
The Parks and Recreation Department was created in 1969 and had its first full-time Parks and Recreation Director at that time. It is presently headed by our Parks and Recreation Director, Jake Solberg.
The philosophy of the Crookston Parks and Recreation Department is to provide activities for the citizens of our community at a reasonable cost. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of five full-time parks workers, an administrative assistant, a supervisor, and a director. The Parks and Recreation Department also hires numerous part-time employees during the summer and winter seasons.
The department is divided into two divisions, the Parks Department and the Recreation Department. The responsibility of the Parks Department is to maintain and develop the park system for the City. The Recreation Department has the responsibility of programming activities in the parks, and arenas, and coordinates the use of the Crookston schools for both active and passive recreational opportunities. The Recreation Department has programs for preschool through adults.
- To register for official Parks and Rec classes and activities, visit our online registration page.
- To see information on our various parks, their amenities, and their location, view our parks page.
- For information on renting park shelters, tables, or camping spots, explore our rentals and reservations page.
- To see information on our trails, visit our trails and amenities page.
- To see information on our multitude of activities possible throughout the area, view our activities page.
What is happening
We are looking for the following seasonal winter staff:
Apply online: Seasonal Application
- CSC Seasonal Staff
- 18 years and older CSC Seasonal Staff
- 15 years and older Lifeguards