Our building permit fee calculator is currently unavailable, but reference the Building Fee Chart for approximate fee costs based on valuation. A State Surcharge will be added per valuation cost of building permit fee. Construction and Plan Checking also adds an additional 25% of building permit fee for new construction or more complex construction designs.
Call the Building Inspection Department at 218-281-5713 to determine an exact building fee quote.
Other Flat Fees:
- Curb Cut / Street Cut / Sidewalk Cut Permit Fees are $25 for Building Permit. Additional charges payable to City of Crookston Public Works for street sawing and curb cutting fee: minimum charge of $300 for up to 50 feet with a $4 additional charge per foot above 50 feet
- Demolition Building Permit for Residential/Commercial is $25
- Fence Permit is $50; Per Ordinance, the City may require a survey of property by owner for placement of fence. Other specific conditions do apply, so obtain fence application form for more details.
- House Moving Permit is $50; Contact Building Department for requirements to be fulfilled per Ordinance prior to issuance of Permit
- LP Tank Gas Installation Permit is $25 wherein resident is not readily accessible to franchised natural gas line. Contact Building Department for verification.
- Mechanical/HVAC Equipment Change-Out is $60 plus state surcharge on valuation with a $15 per unit additional charge for 3 or more change-outs
- Water Heater/Fixture Change-Out is $60 plus state surcharge on valuation with a $15 per unit additional charge for 3 or more change-outs
- Standard Sign Hangars Permit Fees are $50 plus an additional sign inspection fee of $25
- Water and Sewer Service Repair and New Installation Fee is $25